DUE COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) WE WILL BE RESCHEDULING ALL OUR PSS TRAININGS TO BE CONDUCTED ONLINE VIA ZOOM.
Project ABLE provides Core Peer Training approved by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
Individuals who complete the 40-hour PSST training are eligible to become Oregon State Certified Peer Support Specialists under the Traditional Health Worker (THW) program.
PSST is a one week exciting and interactive course focused on recovery themes such as:
- Recovery Culture: eliminating power dynamics
- History of Mental Illness and Addictions Treatment: understanding where we came from and how far we have to go
- Mental Health and Addictions Recovery: components of recovery
- Healthy Boundaries: avoiding the rescue triangle
- Psychological Trauma: compassionate approach
- Peer Support: wellness and self-care
- Communication: intentional listening
- Documentation: knowing the law while staying true to peer support
Project ABLE provides scholarship opportunities to Oregon Veterans, older adults experiencing substance use, individuals experiencing homelessness, individuals experiencing opioid use, and individuals experiencing recent incarceration. Please contact the Program Director for scholarship eligibility and requirements.