- Peer Support Specialist Training (PSST)
- Addiction Counselor Certification Board of Oregon (ACCBO) Continuing Education Credits
- Traditional Health Worker (THW) Continuing Education Credits
Project ABLE provides Oregon Health Authority (OHA) approved Peer Support Specialist Training (PSST). Our program meets the Traditional Health Worker training standards described in OAR 410-180-0300 through 410-180-0380. Adults who complete the PSST training are eligible to become Oregon State Certified Peer Support Specialists in Mental Health Recovery and Addictions Recovery. Our PSST course also serves as 40 continuing education credits for ACCBO and THW certification. PSST is a one week exciting and interactive course focused on recovery themes such as:
- Recovery Culture: eliminating power dynamics
- History of Mental Illness: understanding where we came from and how far we have to go
- Mental Health Recovery: components of recovery
- Healthy Boundaries: avoiding the rescue triangle
- Psychological Trauma: compassionate approach
- Peer Support: wellness and self-care
- Communication: listening effectively
- Documentation: knowing the law while staying true to peer support
Participants are required to attend this one week intensive course Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Participants also must complete and pass an exam on the last day of the course to become eligible for the Traditional Health Worker Peer Support Specialist Certification through OHA.
- Participants must have personal lived experience with mental health issues (personal lived experience includes a qualified peer family member).
- Participant must work or volunteer for a mental health agency